Cancellation/Missed Tour Policies
• Individual reservations can be cancelled before 48 hours of the tour. If a cancellation is made within 48 hours of the scheduled tour, Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours™ will retain the full amount of the tour cost.
• Group reservations can be cancelled before 7 days of the tour. If a cancellation is made within 7 days of the scheduled tour, Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours™ will retain any deposits paid and the remaining cost of the tour.
• No-shows or late guests will not be accommodated. If a late guest wishes to re-book, it is subject to availability and guests will be required to pay for their missed tour (as it is non-refundable) and pay for the new re-booked tour.
• Our transportation service cannot be held to accommodate late guests. With respect to all participants who showed up on time as well as our van drivers, we will not compromise customer service and safety.
• Applicable to individual and group reservations:
• Any guests who are ill or have experienced an unforeseen circumstance resulting in them not being able to attend their tour, Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours™ reserves the right to request official paper work confirming the incident. It is at the discretion of Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours™ as to what circumstance deems a refund or reschedule.
• Any changes to reservations must be made before 48 hours for individual reservations or 7 days for group reservations, of the scheduled tour. It is the guests’ responsibility to communicate any changes to Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours™ reservation team in a timely manner.
Tours will be in full operation unless the temperatures are colder than -26°C, taking the wind-chill factor into consideration or +10°C at the trailhead. Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours™ also reserves the right to cancel their tours if they deem the elements to be unsafe for their sled dogs, staff and guests. This includes but is not limited to extreme cold, unsafe trail conditions and poor road conditions. Guests will be issued a full refund or given the option to reschedule their tour at Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours™ earliest available date.
Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours™ operates their dog sledding tours in a provincial park and is subject to any official road closures implemented by Alberta Parks. Should Alberta Parks send a formal notice of road closure for avalanche control or the roads are deemed unsafe for travel, Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours™ reserves the right the cancel all scheduled tours. Guests will be issued a full refund or given the option to reschedule their tour at Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours™ earliest available date. Alberta Parks does not always provide Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours™ with timely notice if the road closure is an emergency.