Please read carefully; by signing this document you are giving up your right to sue.
To: Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours Inc.™ (Referred to as Snowy Owl in this agreement) and to Her Majesty the Queen in right of the province of Alberta. (Referred to as the “Queen” in this agreement).
In Consideration Snowy Owl is accepting my application for reservation and I/we are being permitted to participate in any Snowy Owl sled dog tour or activity upon the lands owned by the Queen or elsewhere, under the following conditions; I/we agree to grant this release from liability, waiver all claims and agree not to sue, and to agree to assume all risks of the sled dog tour activity either by participating in presented driving, riding or touring options and that I/we have agreed to participate in, some of which are described below.
- I/we hereby waive any and all claims that I/we may now and in the future have against Snowy Owl, it’s officers, directors, employees, agents, servants, and representatives (collectively referred to as “its staff”) or the Queen for any personal injury, death, property damage, or loss including economic loss sustained by me or any other person as a result of my participation in any sled dog tour or any other activity with Snow Owl due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation negligence on the part of Snowy Owl, its staff or the Queen.
- I/we am aware that a trip with Snowy Owl involves transportation by vehicle, dogsled, dog sled cart and on foot and that these activities have in addition to the usual inherit dangers, hazards and risks which may include but are not limited to;
- Risk of injury, death or property damage due to collision or upset of a dog team, sled, or cart with natural objects, vehicles, other dog teams, sleds, or carts.
- Steep terrain where I may slip, fall or rollover may cause personal injury, death or property damage.
- Unstable or unpredictable weather conditions which may cause injury, death or property damage due to extreme temperatures and which may prevent travel to, from, or within an area.
- Unfamiliar terrain where I may become lost, get off route or become separated from the rest of the party.
- Remote terrain which may hamper or prevent communication and result in delays in rescue or the unavailability of prompt medical assistance.
- Snowy Owl, its staff, its dogs, the Queen and other travelers who by their conduct including negligence, may cause injury, death or property damage.
- Rough terrain which may contain dangerous obstacles and hazards which may be hidden or covered by snow. Some of these obstacles may include but are not limited to: ice and snow cornices, tree wells, tree stumps, creeks, boulders, forest deadfall, holes or depressions below the snow surface, and carrying and difficult snow conditions.
- I/we accept all the dangers and risk of Snowy Owl sled dog tours and other Snowy Owl activities and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting there from.
- I/we understand that it is my/our responsibility to dress appropriately for our dog sledding adventure and to follow the recommendations laid out by Snowy Owl and their staff.
- I/we acknowledge that any damage purposely caused by I/we to property owned, rented, or leased by Snowy Owl will result in a damage fee to be determined by Snowy Owl.
- I/we acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of a Snowy Owl sled dog tour or other Snowy Owl activity is derived from being in the wild outdoors far from the comforts and security of populated areas and that the inherent risks of outdoor adventure contribute to such enjoyment and excitement.
- I/we am not relying on any oral, written or visual representation or statements made by Snowy Owl, its staff, those in its brochures, or by the Queen, to induce me to go on any Snowy Owl activity or tour, whether driving a sled dog team following a guide/instructor, driving a sled dog team beside my instructor or riding in a sled with other customers or guide/instructors driving a dog team or any activity sold by Snow Owl Sled Dog Tours Inc.
- I confirm that I am of or past the full age of 18 years and that I have read and understood this Agreement prior to signing it and agree that this Liability Waiver will be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, successors or assigns and that this is my original signature and has not been signed by or copied by anyone else whatsoever. (A Parent or authorized Guardian over the age of 18 years of age must read, understand, agree to and sign this document on behalf of the minors they are accompanying and including in the activities requested and purchased for their minor participants).
- I/we agree to give up any right or claim to compensation for the use by Snowy Owl for promotional purposes, any photographic image taken of me during any tour or activity with Snowy Owl.
- I/we agree that this Agreement shall be governed in all respects by and be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Alberta.
Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours Social Media Policy
Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours (Snowy Owl) is a small, family owned and operated Alberta business. At Snowy Owl we are strong advocates for the humane and ethical treatment of sled dogs. Since dog sledding is a non-regulated sport we know that sled dogs can be at risk of exploitation. At Snowy Owl we treat and care for our sled dogs as “working pets” rather than “working dogs”. This ensures a pack of personable, happy, healthy and trustworthy companions! In operating our business we take the safety of every individual, both human and canine very seriously.
Snowy Owl encourages comments, critiques, questions, and suggestions on Social Media including via Facebook and Instagram. We are happy to respond to such posts and where appropriate engage in a constructive dialog with members of the public. At the same time we expect that posts made on social media will be honest, forthright and not misrepresent our business.
We have established this policy to help ensure that discussions on social media regarding our company remain respectful and cordial. By posting comments on Snowy Owl Facebook Page or linking posts to our Instagram account, you are agreeing to the following:
All comments left on the Snowy Owl Facebook Page are the responsibility of the commenter. By submitting a comment on our page you agree that the comment’s content is your own, and hold Snowy Owl, this site and/or Snowy Owl’s Facebook Page harmless from any and all legal action(s), repercussions, damages, or liability as a result thereof.
Snowy Owl reserves the right to delete or mark as spam any and all comments, the right to block access to any one from posting to the Snowy Owl Facebook Page, and the right to de-link any posts linked to the Snowy Owl Instagram account.
While Snowy Owl promotes an open forum and discussion on Social Networking platforms, we are a family friendly company and as such request that you please keep your comments and posts in this spirit, and refrain from using any profane or foul language. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines outlined below. If you do not comply, we reserve the right to remove your message(s), post(s), or link(s) exclusively at Snowy Owl’s discretion.
We will not allow personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening or harassing images and/or language. This includes creative spellings of swear words using asterisks or spaces between words.
We will not allow comments that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
We will not allow comments that contain sexual content or links to sexual content.
We will not allow comments that promote or advertise a person or a business or commercial transaction that is unrelated to the Snowy Owl.
We will not allow the same content to be posted multiple times. Any subsequent posting of identical information will be deleted.
We will not allow comments that promote or oppose any person campaigning for election to a political office or that promote or oppose any ballot measure.
We will not allow comments or posts that disclose information which the agency and its employees are required to keep confidential by law or administrative rule.
We will not allow comments that are objectively false, deceptive or otherwise attempt to mislead the public.
Please note that by commenting or posting on to Snowy Owl’s Facebook Page or linking your posts to Snowy Owl’s Instagram account You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Opinions expressed in public comments do not necessarily reflect official positions of Snowy Owl.
Any information posted on the Snowy Owl’s Facebook Page is considered public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation, being deleted or disclosed to third parties at the sole and exclusive discretion of Snowy Owl and/or its Moderators and representatives.